Packing for a trip, whether it is for business or pleasure, can be time consuming and not the most fun part of traveling. Follow these tips to ensure you have everything you need when you arrive at your destination!
• The most important item in your wardrobe when you are traveling is your shoes. Make sure to “break in” any new shoes prior to taking them on a trip. Refrain from wearing shoes multiple days in a row. Know what activities you will be doing each day and plan your outfits around what shoes you will be wearing.
• To get the most out of your travel wardrobe and save space in your suitcase, repeat a basic/classic pair of bottoms (pants, shorts, skirts) 2-3 times per week. Mix and match with a variety of tanks, blouses, sweaters, and jackets.
• Pack an evening bag or clutch for going out at night. It will be a nice change from your heavy “day” purse.
• Only pack what you will need for your stay but take a “go to” outfit in addition. This is a favorite outfit that when you have 5 minutes to get ready you reach for every time.
• Make a checklist of basic items you need for every trip and keep it in your luggage to refer to each time you travel. Items may include: toiletries, camera, phone chargers, etc.
• Plan each day of outfits including accessories, undergarments, shoes, and outerwear so you don’t forget anything.
• Check the weather of your destination frequently! And, if you need help with what to wear – check out wearevertheweather.com!